Tuesday, December 8, 2015

21 Weeks - Baby 2

This past week was so exciting.  Friday morning we had my ultrasound appointment and found out we are having a little girl!!



How Far Along?  21 weeks

Weight Gain?  13 lbs so far. I am almost at exactly the same weight gain as I was with Carson.  At 20-21 weeks with him, I had gained around 12 lbs. Although, his was more study, my gain has been about 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks...  I have been eating A LOT these last couple weeks, especially with Thanksgiving. So if I am halfway...then I will gain another 13, right?  I hope that's it. :-)

Cravings/Aversions?  Hmm, not really.  I'm still on the warm drink kick.  I've also been wanting heavy, meaty meals like I was making for awhile, like roast chicken with roasted beets and veggies, or meatloaf with mashed potatoes.  Might have to make some of those this coming week. No huge cravings though.  My sweets cravings are still dead from Thanksgiving, so much pie and cake. Michael actually told me it was National Cookie Day on Friday last week and I felt no pull to make cookies, which is an odd one for me since I love cookie dough and fresh baked cookies.

How are you feeling?  Good, but this past week has definitely opened my eyes to how different my pregnancies are.  With this one, I am WAY more tired.  I nap almost every day when I am not working and I don't sleep well at night.  With Carson, I was a sleeping champ!  Like I said in the last post, no large meals, and anything with tomato sauce or spice gives me heartburn already. But overall, I feel good.  I'm not sick or completely fatigued to where I can't do anything. But maybe I am also catching up from the holidays and such?  Who knows?

How big is Baby?  I guess I need to start calling her Baby Girl Funk 2.0, but this week she is about 10.5 inches long and weighs 3/4 of a pound. I no longer feel flutters, we are at full on martial arts folks, complete kicks, jabs, and punches.  Michael is able to feel her waking up every night and "playing." Her eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed.

Interesting Notes?  It is so weird to know the gender and not just say "the baby" or "it" like we did with Carson since we didn't know what he was. It is nice though too.  Both have their pros and cons (knowing and not knowing).  We've been trying to get Carson to understand that he is having a "baby sister" but he doesn't quite get it yet. It sure is cute to hear him say "baby sister" though.




 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment