Wednesday, April 6, 2016

38 Weeks - Baby 2.0


How far along?  38 Weeks

Cravings/Aversion?  Still cannot drink coffee, so weird. Slight aversion to salad.  Craving for fresh bread with butter.

Weight Gain?  27 lbs, still just kind of floating around the scale, but I guess I gained a little.  It's weird, I just can't make myself eat any more, or any less, so I guess I'll just trust my body on this one. I gained 33 lbs total with Carson, so I have gained less with this baby and also started out a lower weight. Fingers crossed she is smaller than he was!!

How are you feeling?  Done. :-) Well, at least I am feeling done with everything besides being pregnant.  I am so excited to meet baby girl, but am not quite ready to go into labor, I still feel it is too early.  I am feeling really run down, exhausted, and achy though.  I had my last off site job last week and did way too much that day and I just wasn't able to rest up. Carson woke up each night at like midnight crying because he fell out of bed or his nose was stuffy or something and I just didn't get enough sleep.  I've also been feeling a ton of braxton hicks. I am just so ready to have her out so I can stop worrying about her. But then Michael reminded me that I would only worry about her after she came out as well...ah, the life of mom.

How is baby girl?  Her heart rate is still on the low end, but she appears completely healthy and happy.  They are opting to not do an early induction since they medically cannot find anything wrong and she is technically in the normal range for her heart rate.  She is most likely around 7 lbs and is 19-21 inches long.  At my next appointment I am going to ask my midwives if they can kind of feel her size at all.  She may put on some more fat, but she may not.  She is just gearing up to come out now and doing some final brain growth.

Interesting Notes?  Baby girl has dropped and is in the -3 position.  I was 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced.  My midwives instructed to start Raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil again to start helping get my body ready to have Baby girl.

I am still able to wear my wedding ring "knock on wood."  I haven't noticed any swelling at all.  Looking back through my posts with Carson, I didn't get any swelling until I was like, 40 weeks, so very similar this time around as well.

My friend had her baby on Saturday.  She was born 5 days late and weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz, which is exactly like Carson!  He was 5 days late and weighted 8 lbs 3.5 oz.  Crazy, right?

 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment