Last night I was rocking Selah and looked at the clock, 8:30pm. She was just being born at that time two weeks ago. How time flies!! Both Michael and I feel like it has been forever since she was born, not just two weeks ago. But I wanted to share some more pics. I need to download the rest off my phone.
Carson was so excited when he met Selah for the first time! My mom said that when he woke up and Mike and I weren't there, she told Carson that we were at the hospital and the baby had come out of my tummy. Carson stood up and shouted, "hooray, she's here!" He was so excited to meet her and it was so cute to watch him.
Having my mom up here was amazing. Carson was well cared for, we weren't stressed, and knowing she was right there if we needed anything was so comforting. Thanks mom, we will never be able to thank you enough for all your help.
We tried to get a family photo, but Carson wouldn't cooperate. And we still don't have a good family photo because we keep forgetting to take one! Gina, we need you to come help us out, lol.
Selah didn't get her first bath until Tuesday afternoon. She was not a huge fan.
Tired after the bath...
We still can't believe they let us go home so soon. She was so little in that car seat!! She already fills it out better.
Michael and I cannot believe the sheer difference between Carson's birth and subsequent weeks vs Selah's birth and subsequent weeks. I have had a much easier time this time around for sure. It goes to show what just a little support can do for a new mom. Plus, I feel so much better this time around, a little too good actually because I tried to come back too quick and got mastitis last week. So I'm definitely trying to rest more. This transition so far has not been near as hard as many have told us it would be. Although, while I had mastitis it was pretty overwhelming. We know we will figure it out as we go.
Selah girl, we don't even want to think about life without you anymore. We can't believe it was only two weeks ago that we didn't even know you yet. We love you baby.






No comments:
Post a Comment