Saturday, June 25, 2016

Selah - 2 Months

You have the most talented Aunt ever, Selah!  She takes such amazing photos.  She took all of these when we came back to Kansas in June when you were exactly 2 months.  So Selah, here you are at 2 months old!



First of all, your daddy and I love you so much and you are so sweet!  You have started talking and smiling to us and we are all just enamored by you.

We don't know your two month stats yet, your appointment is later this week, but you have definitely grown and are starting to get rolls on your arms and legs!!


You sleep pretty well at night, still waking up once or twice but you are much more consistent when you fall asleep now, which is usually around 8:30pm.  You have now started taking a 3 hour nap in the afternoon consistently as well!  Your morning naps are still all over the place, then you usually take one more little snooze before bed.


You eat every 2-3 hours still, but now closer on the 3 hr scale.  Now that your mouth has grown we don't have any more clicking or pain when you eat.


You wear size 1 diapers and 3 month or 0-3 month clothes.  The 3-6 month clothes are too big.  I have started using cloth diapers on you as well when we are home since you still go through 6-8 diapers a day.


You love your baths, just like your brother.  You just sit and smile and us.


You've started watching your brother race around.  I'm hoping that as you get bigger and more interactive, he will be a source of entertainment for you, to give mommy a break.


You have started being more sensitive to noises.  It needs to be quiet now when you go to bed and if Carson screams, ever, it either makes you cry, wakes you up, or generally agitates you.


Most often I get that people say you look like your dad, but my mom thinks you look like me, or at least you look like me when I was a baby.


You have gorgeous blue eyes, just like all of us, and your hair is my color.  It can stay that way, I kind of like the idea of a little mini me. :-)


You are such a chill baby, just what mommy needed with your crazy brother.  For the most part you let me put you down and if I am holding you, you are generally content.

You laughed for the first time in Kansas at you Aunt Gina.  It was such an amazing sound.  We haven't got you to do it again though, but you have come close.


I still avoid eggs, soy, dairy, and wheat (the dairy and wheat is for mommy) but I plan on trying eggs again this week and seeing how you do. I feel so bad because you are so happy most all the time, and your brother wasn't.  By this age he had blood in his diapers and was SO fussy. Now we really understand how bad he must have felt all the time and what a baby who doesn't hurt acts like.  Poor boy.


You were great on our trip back to Kansas.  You only had one little upset spell during that whole trip, there and back. We had more problems from your brother!


Everyone still isn't sure about your name, or at least a lot of people I share it with.  Maybe your daddy and I did pick one that is a little weird, but we love it, and we feel like it fits you!


You are my little angel, you always make me feel better when you smile at me. In those moments I want to freeze time, because everything seems right and perfect.

I have not left you with anyone yet, you are my constant companion.  I have only left you with daddy while I run quick errands, like to the store.  I should probably consider a babysitter so mommy and daddy can go out on a date, but I just can't bear the thought of leaving you yet, even in the church nursery for an hour!


I feel so lucky that I am able to stay home with you! I wanted to stay home with your brother, but it just wasn't right at the time, I still needed that away time. But I am so excited to just let you grow and develop without worrying so much about pumping, naps, schedules, etc.


You have so many people who love you baby girl. You are so blessed.


Selah sweetheart, we love you!  And your brother loves you too.  He calls you "baby Selah" and says all the time that he "will take care of you." I pray that he becomes the brother, boy, and man who will always protect his baby sister.

Lord, thank you so much for this little blessing.  Our lives are better because she is here. Be with her, protect her, and give us guidance on raising her and her brother. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment