Sunday, October 30, 2016

Selah - 6 months

Oh my gosh sweet girl, mommy needs to get on top of things!  You are now 6.5 months before I even get this up.  How have we already passed half a year since your daddy and I were sitting in the hospital room counting the minutes between contractions, wondering what you would look like and how your personality would be?  We love you so much baby girl. So sweet, sweet Selah, here you are at 6 months.

At your six month appointment, you weighed 15 lbs, 9.6oz and were 26 in long.  Your head size is in the 79th percentile.  You are growing and thriving.  I had to look up your brother's stats at six months. He was 17 lbs 6oz and also 26 inches long.  So you guys are pretty similar except he was fatter.


You are not a good napper, mom is going to have to do nap training like I did with Carson, but I am waiting until after the time change.  There is no reason to start any kind of sleep training until after that is over.


You can sit up by yourself, sorta.  You still fall over backwards if you do not have something in front of you to reach for. And you are still so floppy.  Your brother never sat still, and you won't move! You still will not put weight on your legs and stand up by yourself.


You are not eating any solids yet.  We tried acorn squash and we still aren't 100% sure if it was something momma ate or if you reacted to the squash but you started having blood in your diaper so we quickly cut it out.  Momma has been too scared to try anything else. You weren't really into it anyway.  Your brother didn't start eating until 8-9 months either.


Your brother had teeth at this point, you do not.  I'm not making any guesses of when they will come in.


You are really enjoying playing with toys, spoons, anything you can get your pudgy little hands on, really. You still LOVE tags.  But mom or dad can put you in the bumbo with a baby spoon or a spatula and you will chew on it and watch all the chaos around you. :-)


You are not sleeping great at night, almost all day and all night long, you nurse every 3 hrs.  After the time change we will work on that because it is just too hard on mommy. But you are so sweet about everything it is really hard to let you cry. Even at night you don't cry, you talk and babble.


Your brother LOVES you.  And you love him.  It has been so cute watching you two interact lately.  He has been asking to hold you all the time.  And you just whip your head around when you hear his voice, trying to find him.


You have entered the distracted phase of nursing, you pop on and off the whole time, stopping to look around you.  I remember this with your brother.  It does not make it easy to nurse when we are out in public!

And your hair, oh lordy!  What am I going to do with your hair?  No matter how often I brush or even use conditioner in the back, it is just a mess. I don't want to cut it though, so I had better figure something out or I am going to have to cut it a little.  And it is growing so funny!  Instead of growing in the front, your hair is just growing down your back and staying short in the front. You still have a mullet honey, but you are adorable.


You are still such a content baby, but you have definitely started showing your spunky side.  You have thrown a couple "tantrums" when you want something you can't have, complete with screaming and arching.


You are still the smiliest baby ever.  Whenever anyone catches your glance or talks to you, it is just ear to ear on your round little face.  And you have such cute kissable cheeks. A

Your daddy is hopelessly wrapped around your finger.  Whenever you fuss, he is there to pick you up.


Your favorite toy is your wubby and then this taggie elephant.  You love tags girl.

You make several consonant sounds now.  Bababa, dadada, and then just straight yelling.  You can get really loud.  But you don't really yell, it is more like a guttural "ughhh" which you grunt with all your little might. It makes your daddy and I laugh.


Selah, you are just so sweet. We are so blessed to have you in our life.  We are enjoying our time with you little girl.  Don't grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment