Monday, September 26, 2016

Selah - 5 months

Oh Selah, how are you 5 months. I am so behind getting this up, but with the move, it has been nutso here, but you have been such a trooper.  You are my oasis sweet girl.  I pick you up and smell you and kiss your cheeks and the world seems right.  

Selah Joyce, you are still as sweet as ever.  You have definitely found your voice. You yell, laugh, blow raspberries, and generally make noise now.  You are not a quiet baby, but you are still so polite about everything.  When you wake up at night or from your nap you "talk" which is mostly you going "ahhh, ohhh, ehhh, ahhh" over and over again in varying tones. 


At your 4 month appointment you were almost 14 lbs! The doctor suggested that we start solids, but I am terrified.  I know you have some allergies as well and I'm terrified to feed you at all. But I will definitely wait until 6 months before starting anything.

You are in 3-6 month clothes, but the six month clothes definitely fit you better. Still in size 2 diapers but once you are out of those, mommy is going to buy size 3.


You have definitely had a sleep regression, big time.  Don't know if it is from a growth spurt or teeth, but man, three  times a night is just too much big girl.  Momma is so tired, but she can't stay mad or deny you.


You have finally rolled over!!  You roll from tummy to back all the time now, but you still don't roll from back to tummy.  But you kind of scoot/roll in a circle when you are on your back.


You love to eat.  You eat every 3-4 hrs still during the day and it has been every 2-4 hrs at night as well.  Geez girl!


We did try to pump and give you a bottle, but you only took the bottle from mom.  This creates more work for mom though, so she gave up and she just takes you everywhere.


You are so good at reaching and grabbing things now.  Momma has to be careful because you will reach out and grab my cup, plate, spoon, etc and dump stuff everywhere.


You are so floppy.  Your brother was always so stiff.  At 2-3 months we could hold him and he would push with his feet.  You absolutely do not.  If I even try to stand you on your feet and hold you, you don't try to stand at all.  The johnny jumper does not appear to be your toy of choice.


You LOVE your brother.  Oh my goodness.  As soon as you hear his voice your little head whips around to find him.  You just watch him endlessly and wait for him to pay attention to you. He can also get you to laugh like no one else can.


Your brother loves to mess with you, but you don't seem to mind yet.


You are still putting on the rolls. Your cheeks are getting so round and your little legs so pudgy.  I love it!


You are getting into toys and things we give you to play with.  You especially like tags.  I heard this about babies, but your brother was so NOT that way.  He always had to be up and moving.  You are content to sit there with a toy, pulling on the tag.


Above you are trying to pull forward like you are going to sit up. But then the picture below happens, and you promptly fall over.  You definitely don't seem close to sitting up. You like sitting up in your bumbo though.


You don't mind tummy time now because you can roll to your back.


You still have sandy blonde hair, but some people are saying they can see a hint of strawberry blonde.  I have had some people mention I should cut it as well, since you kind of have a baby mullet, but I can't bring myself to do it.


You have perfected the mermaid, right before you roll over.  You are getting strong big girl, but I think you will sit, crawl, stand, walk all later than your overactive brother.


Mom has been trying to be more consistent about your naps and bedtime.  I kind of do what I did for your brother, which is called the 2,3,4 schedule.  You wake up and then 2 hrs later, a nap, then 3 hrs after that nap is another nap, and then bedtime 4 hrs after that second nap. You have still been needing a late afternoon nap though, you can't quite get to bedtime.  You also haven't really had a chance to have good naps with all the moving.


Look at those jowls, You are so adorable!

You sleep fully in your crib now, no rock and play.  You are also unswaddled.  To put you down mommy just gives you your wubbie in your bed and says goodnight, after making it dark.  You are very good about going down on your own.  She occasionally has to come give you your pacifier back every now and then, but not too often.


Selah, your daddy and I pray every day for you and your brother. We love you so much and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment