This morning I watched a women drive her incredibly nice and expensive SUV down the road I was walking, while putting on her sunglasses and probably drinking expresso out of her travel coffee mug. She appeared like all women want to look like, she exuberated confidence and poise, a "i know what I want and I get it" kind of persona. I'd like to see a show of women out there who actually feel like that. Who feel like they have it all together, at work, at home, in their relationships. She probably runs 5 miles every day and doesn't touch sugar, to keep her beautiful, confident figure. I'm totally speculating, but I wonder how many women actually feel that way. I think more of them feel kind of like me right now, where the only confidence you have is that you passed your driver's license test once or you got an A in Organic Chemistry. You are sure you could list off the elements of the periodic table, but when it comes to life...you can't even decide what you want for dinner or if you want to watch a movie, play a game, or just read a book. Your husband is constantly irritated by your lack of decisiveness and your inability to know what you want. How many women feel secure in their appearance? (I only know 3 women in my network who are not trying to lose weight or are not watching what they are eating) How many women feel disgusted with themselves when they miss a workout or eat seconds and then have dessert. Why do we have such low confidence and why do we want to appear self-confident? Maybe it is because it is attractive. A self-confident woman can steal the room, no matter what her size or fashion. As Christians, I feel it should be even easier for us to exhibit this display of confidence. We are saved! We are going to Heaven! We are princesses of a mighty and powerful king! But yet we still feel alone, ugly, scared, and unwanted. We just can't forget who we truly are! It doesn't help that our society is so centered around "what you see." We hear people making fun of those who are overweight, or maybe not attractive by the world's standards, and we don't want to be them. So I am going to challenge everyone, including myself. For today, you cannot say anything negative about yourself or someone else, not even thoughts! Change them into something good, like Philippians 4:8 tells us, Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." So turn the bad into good! If you see your butt in a window and are tempted to think or complain about its girth, say to yourself, "man, i've got curves" or "my heart/soul and my salvation are not in my rear end." Although if they were, you would have twice as much heart as everyone else and be doubly saved! :-) Anyway, girls, lets focus on being healthy, loving those around us, and being confident in who we are as Christians, that Jesus died for us and gave us a beautiful gift in the gift of life. And to tell you the truth, sometimes you've just got to fake the confidence, then you might find you actually do feel that way...
very nice look-up
ReplyDeletelook this