Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Snow!!!

Can you believe it! Today, October 10th, we had our first snow that actually stuck! We decided we could waste that, and hiked the trail behind the house.
This is a lookout over horsetooth reservoir, where we took our wedding photos. What a different sight with fog and snow.
This is looking back towards fort collins, but you can't see it.
On thursday, we kind of had a snow, it was flurrying (spell?), but nothing stuck. I decided that day to skip class, bake cookies, and make hot chocolate. I think I am going to have to do that again today. We are having people come over for a tailgating party, don't know if we will actually do anything outside, but it will be fun to hand indoors. I think I will make some more cookies and maybe brownies, I'll let everyone have a choice of cider or hot chocolate too. I love it when I have good ideas!

I promised i would put a pic of michael's new wheel set, here it is!
Man, that kid sure does love bikes. He was trying to talk me into getting the bikes out and riding this morning. Needless to say, I said no. We did see one guy riding though, he had huge tires! Like, dirt bike sized tires, on a bike. Mike knew him. Apparently he builds his own custom frames and has a bike business. Well, I'll be back later to share about the snowy BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment