Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Weekend in Westcliffe

Well everyone, I promised I would share with you all my weekend back with my parents. I have to first start with an apology...I did a horrible job at photographing our weekend. Words will just have to fill where the photos cannot. It is a barrage of imagery, so get ready!!

We got on the road at about 7:15pm, leaving from Loveland. I picked Mike up from work, brought him some big city burrito, and were on our way. I drove the whole way, since i knew the roads better in the dark, and we got in around 11:00pm.

The next morning, my brother and sister were bouncing out of bed at the crack of 5:40am, due to excitement, thankfully...Mike and I fell back to sleep til around 7:30ish. I did a bad job at photographing family!! Hannah and Daniel had to show us everything! While my mom made zucchini muffins, Mike fed Leah, Hannah's pet lion, her breakfast.


He wasn't too thrilled about this photo, or being a jungle gym for the weekend. That morning, we went into town to drop off our jeep to get the tires put on...and we biked back. Yes sports fans...we biked 15miles that day, on paved and dirt roads. The reason there are not photos is I was too busy trying to make it home. Lets just say that the rest of the day consisted of rest and relaxation, a four-wheeler ride, and just talking. The next morning, after pancakes, Mike hopped on his bike to do that 15 mile ride again, to pick up the jeep. Lets just say I declined and let him have some time away from the crazy Kennedy house. Here he is biking down our driveway, you can see our solar panels, my parents aren't on power, they just have solar.
This is a picture of Blue. He is an Australian Shepherd. He's a little lonely since his companians have passed away. He is going on 13!
While we were home, Hannah carved her pumpkin. she thought the guts were really icky, so my mom had to get them out for her.
Here are some random shots of our goats.

This is the billy, his name is Rusty. We'll have little baby goats by the end of January!
And my dad feeding the goats.
Daniel won an inflatable raft in boy scouts, and was itching all weekend to blow it up and take it out in the lake. so that is what we did on Saturday afternoon.
Ahhh, good old Lake Deweese.
I love this pic because you get a view of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in the background.
This one too! I love the mountains!
Daniel caught a minnow in the water, he dug a little hole in the water and then took a ride in the raft. This is me minnow-sitting, so his fish doesn't get away.
After rafting around, we went home for a fun evening of campfires and family time. Here are some pics off my parents deck. The light was bad though.

Sunday morning Mike and I went for a walk, and then had lunch with the fam before heading out. We took a different way home, going through canon city. I took him over Skyline drive. A road that goes over one of the ridges before you get to the city. He liked it. It is a dropoff on almost both sides.
You can kind of see the road ahead, it just goes on top of the ridge.
looking to the right
and to the left, This is Canon city.

It was a good weekend, hard to come home and get back in the grind. Michael had a football game on Sunday night even, and ended up jamming his shoulder pretty bad, so that was a letdown after the weekend, but all in all, God is great and so is being able to see family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment