Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Break!!!

I am officially now on fall break. It doesn't feel like too much of a break since I have two papers to complete and am working full time M-W, but it is nice not to have to go to class, and I just love Thanksgiving, so I am super excited to be going home to visit my family.

Did I mention I love Thanksgiving? Who doesn't like eating a ton of great food and relaxing with family, but i love the history behind it too. I love how the pilgrims set aside a day to be thankful. How often in our lives do we really stop and say thank you...to God, moms, dads, spouses, and friends? I know every pastor in the US will be speaking a sermon on giving thanks, but I'll just get the ball rolling early.

Thanking God is easy right? What about thanking Him for his help in the tough times, or for the tough times? Those times sometimes teach us the most. I know I have a tendency to praise God in the good times, and then become a whiner when things aren't going as I want them too, not necessarily the way God needs them to go. I always have a million things to complain about, but only some, or zero, things to thank God for when I pray. I know I have a zillion more things to be thankful for then those few I mention, but I take it for granted.

Well, that is my ten second devotional. I hope to always "give thanks" to my Lord for just sending his son, and for his continued guidance as well as the many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment