Yes, school starts tomorrow again. Boo. But okay. This next semester looks a little more difficult, much I have a much better routine now, and Michael is working again so I feel like going back and getting something done. This semester holds a lot of weight. I have to decide what research I am going to do for my masters thesis. I have been trying to meet with professors to figure out the best project and how to set one up. Right now I am contemplating endotoxin exposure in dairy farms, or a noise project on employees working in venues with high noise levels, like concerts and stadiums.
I am trying to think of my future and what will benefit me the most, but this is proving difficult. There is a lot of work that goes into designing these projects!
That is me and school. Michael started work last week. He is doing well! I am so proud of him. We celebrated my birthday on Thursday last week. Michael made me a Bonnie Butter Cake, so delicious. And we had it for breakfast Thursday morning of my birthday since he wouldn't get home til 8:30pm that night. The other half of my birthday was yet to come...that was going to Estes Park for the night and staying in a condo and going hiking/snowshoeing! I was able to attend a fun girls fondue night friday night, then get home and pack for our Estes weekend.
Here is the sob story, I forgot my camera. I have no photo recollection of my 23rd birthday. That will probably come back to haunt me. But it was an amazing weekend! First of all, Michael got Saturday off so we left Sat. morning and were able to check in early to our condo. Second, they upgraded our condo! We got a one room condo with just a minifridge and queen bed. When we opened up the room, we found two rooms, a full kitchen, and an enormous bathroom with a jetted tub! Needless to say, we thought we had the wrong room, or that the lady had given us the wrong keys. The sign on the front of the resort had said no vacancy so I had visions of someone coming later to check in and them coming to our door that there was a mistake and we would have to leave. Not sure why I was so worried about that, but we went back to the office and asked the lady about our room.
Me: "hi, us again. I think there might have been a mistake. I paid for the small room, without the kitchen, room 20A, not 20."
Lady: "huh, I don't think I gave you the wrong keys, but let me check. Hmm, oh, we upgraded you for free."
Me: "what?" "wow" "thank you!"
Lady: "yeah, I don't know when that happened, that manager must have changed it but there you go"
Me: "Well, thank you!"
Not that you needed the play by play. But we unpacked in our amazing room, complete with fireplace, and headed to Rocky Mountain National Park to do some hiking. We did an 8 mile hike up to fern lake. It was gorgeous, but really cold at the top so we couldn't spend any time up there.
we were pretty cold and tired, but a nice soak in the hot tub cured that. And then we chilled and decided where to go for dinner. We decided on the Dunraven off Spur 66. Michael wanted me to add that if you want the best fettuccine alfredo ever that you have to go there. Not the Dunraven in town, but off spur 66 in Estes Park. :-)
After dinner we went back to the condo, I got to pick the movie so I picked "While you were sleeping," with Sandra Bullock. I love that movie!! We had picked up a bottle of Argentinean red wine and sipped and laughed, then went to sleep.
Neither of us slept well or at all for that matter. Estes Park air is really dry. We had coffee and cinnamon rolls, then packed up to go do some more hiking!
I can tell you that my legs were protesting! Have you ever had that? Where your whole body is just rejecting any idea you have of making it do something? My body had decided that it did not want to climb another mountain. It was rough at first, but you get to that point where you just turn off that half of your brain and put one foot in front of the other. We had decided to hike Storm Pass, but ended up having to turn around early. We kind of lost the trail in the snow and didn't have snow shoes for when the snow got deeper.
Instead we extended our hike to go around Sprague Lake. I kid you now, but someone was getting married there. Folks, it was 36 degrees F out there!!!!
I have never been so tired! Roughly 18miles in two days, with little sleep! i slept for almost 2 hours when we got home. It was an amazing trip though that I want to do again!!! For sure!!! Thanks for the best birthday honey!!
No comments:
Post a Comment