Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camping at the Wells

This past week Michael and I had the opportunity to head up to Red Feather's, CO and camp in a cabin that is owned by a family in our church. A whole group was supposed to head up, but it ended up being very small, but fun nonetheless! Friday night we drove the one hour drive up there and grilled with them for dinner. Then we headed out to the lake where we canoed and fished. Michael got to test out his fly fishing skills and I tried my hand and getting a fish to jump into the canoe. Neither of us were successful. Michael and I took the canoe out right before it was getting dark, just after sunset and were lucky enough to see a beaver a couple times. It is so funny how they slap their tails against the water before they dive in.

Michael had to be up and out right away in the morning to get to work. So I said a sleepy goodbye as he left at 7:21am. I proceeded to go drink coffee on the porch with a couple of the other early risers. We were able to see some deer and some amazing early morning sun photo-ops. I had to make the most of Saturday with photos since I forgot to bring my camera to the lake on Friday night!!
There is some dear under the tree in this pic if you can see them!

Sunrise over some neat rock formations on their property.
They have a beautiful piece of land! We are only about 10miles from Wyoming
We did have a campfire last night, but you can never have enough firewood.
Saturday after a delicious breakfast of pancakes and sausage we chatted for a bit, waiting for some more of our young adult church group to show. When they made it, we headed out for an absolutely gorgeous hike.

The Richards' and the Wells', we love them to death!
Good friends from church.
More great friends
We all had to get a pic by the abandoned crane. This thing is literally in the middle of nowhere.

The most perfect columbine I have ever seen!


All the ladies

We found some wild onions to munch on. I didn't, but some of us gave them a taste!
More columbine flowers!

Stuart is eating some fresh caught trout that they fried up. It was delicious!

This is a photo when I was leaving with my friend Emily. Come on, I know you think it is funny too!

No comments:

Post a Comment