Yesterday night was the first dinner cooked in our new place. I wanted it to be a nice dinner and hopefully special and memorable. Michael had worked yesterday from 5am-2pm so he was wiped out and I felt so proud of him as we sat down around our card table for dinner. He has only worked one day but he is working hard. The 5am mornings are not forever, they are only for the next week and half while he is doing a store reset (Don't ask me what that means :-).
Anyway:
I made oven fried chicken, green beans, and cheddar biscuits. It all turned out great! We love the biscuits from Red Lobster and I think I finally have come up with a recipe that may even be better than theirs! I'm not sure how long the card table will last. I kind of want a real table to eat at, but we'll see. That was our first home cooked meal in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
r u using my recipe for oven fried chicken? i'd like to compare your cheddar bisquit recipe to mine...maybe mesh the 2!
ReplyDeletea store reset is when the mfg. of a line of tools ships to the store a planogram of what a 8' shelf of their tools should look like as well as the tools to fill that shelf unit (usually 8' long by 6' tall). someone in marketing has determined that this is the best way to market/show off their tools, both standard lines as well as new products, and the sales rep usually helps the store mgmnt put up that display.
ReplyDelete