Monday, June 13, 2011

Living it up

If you know us at all, we really try to live it up adventurously. With both of us now working full time, our adventuring is happening mostly on the weekends, but we try to do fun stuff during the week too! So far we've managed to ride about twice a week despite both of us getting off work at 5pm. We are kind of learning to just get home and go, and eat dinner later. 

We have a mix of pictures from my phone, so I apologize for the quality. So here is some of the things we have done lately!

Mountain Biking at Heil Ranch
I was so proud to ride for 3hrs straight at Heil Ranch! That is the longest mountain ride I have ever done!  We have become weekend warriors so to speak. We ride for like an hour at a time during the week and then kill it on the weekends!


These are my new steel toe boots for work. ( I know, I know, you all care so much what my boots look like. I've never owned a pair before, or had to have them for work)
 At work right now I am in New Miner training for my next project, which will be air sampling at a mine. I have to wear steel toe boots at all times, as well as a hard hat and safety glasses.

More mountain biking pics. these are at Green Mountain, in Denver



This weekend, Michael had to work on Saturday at the "Grill your ace off" event. It was a family friendly event with just lots of bbq grilling. Everyone sampled everyone's food and then voted on the best. The had a formal grill judging competition, of which Mike got to be a judge!

My husband the celebrity grill judge
 One of the judges bailed so the owner of the Ace hardware asked Mike if he would do it. Mike loves food so of course he said yes!

They even had a television show being filmed for the food network there, some grilling show, and Mike sat next to one of the guys on that show. 

They had balloon animals and face painting for the kids at this event as well as...

Mike reverting to a childlike state of pure fluffy happiness
 Mike was so full from his grilling consumption that he couldn't eat dinner, and to help ease some of his food coma we went and hiked at Red Rocks.


We are in love with Red Rocks. It is just so beautiful and amazing!! We would love to live somewhere we could look at these rocks every morning. Unfortunately Morrison is incredibly expensive so that dream will most likely NOT become a reality. But look!


So beautiful. It doesn't even look real!

No comments:

Post a Comment