Last weekend, Michael and I were able to have an actual weekend again, finally! Although that came after I had lost my voice, during which I was quite sick and almost developed pneumonia. And work has been crazy, for both of us. I can say we are both "paying our dues" at our jobs right now. Don't get me wrong, I do really like my job, but it has been a lot of hours lately. More on that later, last weekend!
Last weekend consisted of biking...of course!
 |
| Lair of the Bear ride, one of my faves! |
 |
| Gosh I love being back in the mountains! |
 |
| Riding through the trees |
 |
| I'm going so wicked fast I'm a blur! Not really, my camera can't take action photos |
 |
| Michael on his new bike. |
So we rode on Saturday morning and on Sunday afternoon. Sunday afternoon we rode out at Buffalo Creek, about 45min away for the afternoon.
 |
| There was a lot of challenging rock features to climb |
 |
| This is where the Hayman fire was a couple year ago |
On our ride, we found a trail called Raspberry Ridge. And there actually were Raspberries!!
We stopped several times to snack on some of the berries. They were really, really small, but tasty nonetheless!
Getting close to the end, we were literally in the middle of nowhere out on this ride. You could stand on Raspberry ridge on not see a house in site for as far as you could see, just mountains.
It was a great weekend to lead into a crazy week! I have today off because I worked 14-16hrs a day for the last four days! We had a sampling job with a company in Colorado, but their shifts for work started at 5am, and we had to be there a 1/2 hr before to set up. I left my house at 3:30am every morning to make it to Colorado Springs, and some parts of Denver on time. It was a long four days. I am very ready to relax today. I don't think I had ever been so tired before. Next week means report though, so it will be nice to have a week of normal hours in the office!!
No comments:
Post a Comment