So, if you weren't aware, I turned 25 last Saturday. I am now a quarter of a century old. It's all downhill from here...
So how did I spend my day? Exactly what any 25 year old would do! I slept in and laid around in bed while my husband fixed my favorite breakfast and waited on me hand and foot throughout the day...
No, not really. I actually woke up early so Michael and I could go skiing. He did bring me breakfast and coffee in bed though, and I loved it!
We drove up to Keystone and were almost able to make 1st chair. The skiing was actually not bad, for the amount of snow we have gotten! We were having a great time, until we skied all the way to the bottom of the mountain where we collided with a sea of humanity. With it being MLK weekend, everyone and their brother and decided to ski apparently. It looked like it was going to be about an hour wait to get back on the lift, so we decided it was time to head out. We were able to get about 2.5 hours of solid skiing in before we left though!
Since it was my birthday, Michael was so good about letting me choose whatever we were doing. Since we left so early, I decided we should drive up to the top of Loveland pass and look out over the mountains and chat. It was fun to sit there and sip energy drinks while we talked about the future. I may have to make it a yearly tradition to go sit up there like that.
| It was rather cold at the top, and windy. Having all our gear on was a necessity! |
Michael had asked what I wanted to do for my birthday ahead of time and had planned out the day for us. After skiing, we had plans for pottery painting! We were going to paint pots to put our herbs in for my herb garden, but decided to paint huge coffee mugs instead.
I tried to get a little too complicated with mine and I think it left a little something to be desired. Michael went in with no plan, and he painted the coolest mug I have ever seen! Once the pottery place glazes and fires our mugs, we'll get them back and I'll make sure to post some pictures.
After pottery painting, we headed back towards the house. We were both getting hungry and I kept bugging Michael about what we were doing for dinner. He had been alluding all week that we were going out on a romantic dinner, just the two of us. I was wondering what time we were going because I was getting so hungry!
But to my surprise, when I got back to the house, my sister was there! And the house was decorated and she was cooking up some pizzas. Michael had planned a surprise party for me! I had no idea and I wasn't expecting it at all! So many people came! I had the best time. This was probably the best birthday ever!
Michael was so sneaky! And he pulled my sister in on it so I never suspected anything! Even my coworker was in on it! She had asked me what I was doing for my birthday, so I told her, and mentioned that I wasn't sure what we were doing for dinner, but that I thought Michael was taking me out. Her reply was, "well, I can't wait to hear about what you do! I'm sure you'll have fun." And then she showed up at my house.
Sneaky, sneaky people!
| Michael got me an ice cream cake! |
It was so nice to show everyone the new house too! I feel so blessed right now to have so many people in my life who care about me. Thanks babe for an awesome and unforgettable 25th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment