Sunday, August 11, 2013

25 Weeks

I feel like this past week was a big week for me.  I had another Dr.'s appointment and I signed up for childbirth classes.  Wow, we start next month!

25 weeks, 2 days

25 Weeks, 2 days

How are you feeling?  I am feeling really good!  I really can't complain at all, I haven't been having any issues.  I'm just sad that it is so hard to exercise like I want.  I went for walk/hike while Michael was mountain biking and I really missed being able to mountain bike too!  My doctor has "highly recommended" that I stop biking, because of balance issues now.  I'm not worried, I've biked so much but the real problem is that I can't ride due to the geometry of my bikes.  The Funk family does not own any upright "comfort" bikes.  I have so much more time during the day when I don't work out for an hour or more.  I guess I didn't really understand how much time working out took up in my schedule.  I have been reading a lot more.

Weight Gain:   I think I am going to have to stop with this, not because I am embarrassed (it looks like I will be gaining more than the recommended amount) but because I have realized our scale is not accurate at all, and I'm really not sure how much I weighed before or how much I have gained.  I will just give a total at the end of my pregnancy.  I can tell you that in the last four weeks, according to my doctor I gained 6 pounds, which is a lot more than my scale said I gained.  Who knows.

Cravings/Aversions?  Hmm, not any real cravings.  One day I really wanted coffee, like a frappacino from Starbucks, so I got a small decaf one, but that is about it.

How big is baby?  Baby weighs over a pound and a half now!  And is about 13.5 inches long.  The midwife could feel at my appointment this week that he/she was head down for the time being and seemed to be of normal size.  My belly measured right on track as well.

Milestones?  Deciding on a birthing class and signing up!  Eeek!  After speaking with my midwife at this last appointment about my options, I've decided to use the Hypnobirthing method.  There are so many to choose from (lamaze, bradley, hypnobabies, etc) but my midwife, who was a Lamaze instructor for a long time, highly recommended this program.  She said the ladies who use this program have such a high success rate and handle their labors very well.  It sounds kind of hippy-dippy (to use my dad's phrase :-) but after speaking with her and looking into it, I think it will be good.  The program is all about relaxation, which is the key to labor (so I'm told).  The instructor really suggests taking the class earlier rather than later so she insisted that I start in September instead of October.  Michael will be going to the classes with me, or at least the ones he can go to around his work schedule.

Interesting Notes?  I feel like we are kind of in the last lull before we actually have to start preparing and actually realizing that this is really happening!  In two weeks we are at the end of the month, and it gets crazy busy with visiting families and friends.  Then when that is all over, I am 30 weeks and we start childbirth classes.  I will actually have to start deciding what crib I want to buy and if I want to use cloth or disposable diapers.  I will have to start researching and shopping for car seats, and strollers, and all those other things you need to have before the baby is born.  My little pregnancy app this week was telling me that I need to start interviewing pediatricians and deciding on one for my baby as well as day cares or nanny's if I need to do that.  They won't let you leave the hospital now without a pediatrician!  Crazy!  I feel like all of that will be happening soon.  Before I know it, it will be Halloween, and we will be 3 weeks from my due date.

On a second note, fall is my favorite season, and while I'll be missing my Colorado fall, I am excited to see fall in another state this year.  I can make pumpkin bread anywhere, right? :-)

 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment