![]() |
| 39 Weeks, 1 Day |
How are you feeling? Hungry. I have been way more hungry this past week. I have been eating a ton! At least as much as Michael. I have been having more mood swings lately, darn hormones, which must also be responsible for temperature swings while I am sleeping. I will wake up super hot, then I'll be cold, then hot again, weird! My hips have actually been hurting less during the day...also weird. They still hurt pretty bad when I move at night though. I have been sleeping a bit better even and actually slept 7 hours straight the other night, and then when back to sleep. My ring stays off. Mostly because I was just worried about not being able to get it off or my fingers swelling more. Depending on the time of day I could still wear it.
I'm still not really feeling very much braxton hicks. I'm okay with the baby not coming next week, but I would like them to come before Thanksgiving. I know this is out of my control though. :-) My midwife talked about how I should (maybe) start to feel more braxton hicks and that they should begin to last longer and I can maybe start timing between them sometimes. But like I said, I still have yet to really even notice them.
Appointment update? My midwife is very happy with everything. My blood pressure is good, belly size is good, and the baby is positioned well. My belly is still measuring at 36, even though I am 39 weeks pregnant. My midwife said this is because the baby just keeps scooting lower. No change for me between this week and last week, still 1cm dilated and around 70% effaced. She shared that we can start using evening primrose oil to help me soften and dilate. Not sure how many other ladies out there have tried this but I will let you know if it works!
Weight Gain? Gained another pound, so total of 31 lbs thus far. That one pound seemed to make a difference because I feel large now, but I know that I am in the final "large" stage so I guess I can't really complain.
Cravings/Aversions? I've been eating a more salad this week. Mike and I ate pretty bad last weekend while tailgating and just in general so we have felt the need to health it up this week. We both feel terrible when we eat too much junk. I have been wanting to go our for Thai or Chinese food, so maybe we will do that this weekend. No aversions this week.
How big is Peanut? My midwife is a firm believer that my body will not produce a baby that I cannot deliver, so this gives me hope, because we think this baby is getting pretty big. She cannot really give a size estimate, but the baby is really squished in my belly, that's for sure. She/He has a hard time moving around now and the movements are so drastic. I have to pay attention to my belly when he/she is awake. You can just watch my belly moving and contorting with each tiny movement of the baby.
Milestones? Peanut is now truly considered full term. That and I know several ladies who had their babies at 39 weeks, including my sister-in-law. It has been crazy to think that she was holding her baby right now.
Interesting Notes? Now that we are coming to the end of this journey, it is bittersweet. I am going to miss my belly and the special time I got to share with Peanut while he/she was in there. But I'm excited to get to meet him or her face to face. And we are so excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment