Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pumpkin Pound Cake with Glaze

I've been feeling like I need to post something other than pregnancy posts.  So after I made this delectable Pumpkin Pound Cake last night for ladies night at our church, I thought I would share the recipe since it was such a hit!  I found the pound cake recipe online from Dianna's Desserts and modified it for my use and then made a basic glaze.  www.dianasdesserts.com


Pumpkin Pound Cake with Glaze

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 Cup brown sugar, not packed
  • heaping 1/2 Cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 Cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 Cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 5 in loaf pan.
  2. Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
  3. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring or mixing well
  4. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; then add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix well
  5. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about an hour or two, then frost with glaze
  6. Glaze recipe: Melt 2 TBS butter in microwave, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2 TBS milk, whisking together.  Mix in 1 Cup powdered sugar.  Pour over cake.  
  7. Eat way too much and feel happy.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment