It was my birthday last week, I turned 27! I have no pictures from this momentous occasion because it wasn't really momentous this year. That and I forgot. :-) My dad did come to visit and he brought me a bottle of champagne to celebrate, but I didn't really want to do anything. Well, that's not true, I did, but then the mastitis kicked my butt and I had to spend four days in bed. But at least I had this little guy to keep me company!
Michael was very busy with work last week. He had dinners at night and was gone all day. But Michael's boss let me come to a nice dinner on Monday night at a great steakhouse. We were a little worried about Carson, but he did great!
He just chilled in his carseat and slept a little as well. It was our first time taking him to a restaurant. I was able to completely enjoy my steak and wine. It was a nice birthday-ish dinner. They even gave me free dessert!
Like I said, my dad came in to town on Tuesday, my birthday. On this day I discovered my baby has dreadlocks.
He was a nice, happy boy for my birthday.
And he liked meeting grandpa!
My dad stayed through Thursday morning. Thursday morning was when I woke up feeling terrible! When I went to bed Wednesday night I thought it was weird that I had some sore spots on my breasts, but I didn't really think about it. I called my doctor that morning because my temp was 100.4. They called in some antibiotics for me and made an appointment for Friday. Well, my fever went away that afternoon so they told me to not take the antibiotics and come in on Friday.
I wasn't feeling great, but I didn't have a fever so I went to my appointment and she once again said to not start the antibiotics unless I really had to. She found two plugged ducts and told me to just massage those out and I should be fine. Well, I did that and my fever came back Friday night, as well as I got a new plugged duct. Saturday was supposed to be my "birthday" day but I woke up again with a fever and felt pretty darn yucky. I did get to go get a massage and Michael let me nap and rest and brought me flowers, so he made it a special day even though I was sicko. It was Sunday before I started taking the antibiotics. I gave it a good try, but I couldn't kick it on my own. We just didn't want me to take the antibiotics unless I really needed them since they mess up your system so bad and I already fought a yeast infection which we managed not to turn into thrush. It was a really rough 5 days. I am happy to report that I feel much better now and am ready to start doing things again! I was down for the count for those 5 days. Now I am just trying to stay one step ahead of the antibiotics and prevent another yeast infection! Bring on the probiotics!
And Carson is just growing like a weed and being so cute! He still fights naps pretty badly, so he gets really sleepy sometimes...
And we get to spend lots of time walking him around and pulling our hair out...
But we wouldn't trade him for the world.
I tried to stick him in his Bumbo chair. He wasn't a huge fan.
But he does like going for walks in the stroller!
And Daddy is getting pretty good at putting him to sleep.
Each day is the same, yet different as we learn how to better care for Carson and get to see him grow. We sure do love this little guy!











No comments:
Post a Comment