Wow, can you tell how tired I was in the last post? Did that post even make sense? So many grammatical and tense errors, yeesh. Sorry about that. I'm still just as tired, but hopefully this post is a little easier to understand.
Michael needed to use up some of his vacation time before he left his company in Utah. He took Easter week off, and it was amazing. We haven't been able to spend that much time together in ages! Carson had changed so much in the last month that he was like a different baby to Michael. Watching them play and get to know each other again warmed my heart.
We also took the time to visit Kansas, since Carson had not met most of Michael's side of the family. The drive was pretty brutal, although waking up at 3:45am is brutal anyway. We had hoped that leaving that early in the morning would allow Carson to sleep for most of the trip. It worked pretty well, Carson slept for a little over half of the 7.5 hr drive.
| Cousins and their mommies |
This was the first time meeting our new nephew Ren as well! It was so good to see everyone! And our other nephew Sutton is getting so big and so grown up! He talks up a storm now and is such a good big brother to little Ren.
I have been wanting to take Carson to the zoo since, well, forever. :-) I love zoos. When I was a kid I thought I wanted to work at a zoo. When reality hit in late elementary that I was horribly allergic to most animals, that dream flew out the window. Oh well, at least I get to take my kids now! We went to the zoo in Wichita.
For being in Kansas, this zoo was pretty awesome. They had everything! So much of everything that we didn't even get to see all the animals before we left. It was quite hot that day and Carson got pretty exhausted by all the stimulation.
![]() |
| Sleeping at the zoo |
![]() |
| Carson and Papa Bruce |
Aunt Gina was kind enough to hold it for him.
Since we missed Christmas in Kansas, Carson was able to open his gift from his great grandparents.
Keys!!
And then Great-Grandma got to hold him. :-)
Fun on the porch with tricycle that Papa and Nana got for the kids. We got him riding for the first time, no big deal.
And Carson had a little too much fun with Aunt Gina and Uncle Adam, but mostly with Uncle Adam's beard.
We're not sure when the next trip will be, but getting up at 4am to leave for home was so hard. It makes me not want to make the trip anytime soon. Carson is just not old enough to handle being in his carseat the whole drive if we left during the day. Family is important though so I'm sure it won't be too long. Maybe once Carson starts sleeping better so I can actually catch up on that lost sleep.











We sure miss that little guy around here!!! :( I'm sure he is changing so fast. Give him a little snuggle from Miss Julie and Natalie and Alex! I hope you all are settling in well!
ReplyDelete