Carson's GI doctor told us we could have started food 2 weeks ago, but I was hesitant. With all his tummy issues, I just didn't want to make things worse. I was also instructed to start with rice cereal, but I've talked to several people who didn't start with rice cereal. There is a whole new movement out there against starting any grains first, because they are actually harder on the digestive system. Anyway, you can look that up on your own time if you wish :-) but after careful research, I decided to start with something completely allergy free, or at least has no known reported allergies...acorn squash!
Carson has been acting ready to eat for weeks, but I wanted to wait until six months. I baked an acorn squash and then blended it with some breastmilk. He loved it!
| More mom!! |
I think we will try sweet potato next.
He didn't really make a lot of goofy faces. He was really ready to eat I guess.
That and he was pretty tired. With the nap scheduling, we have been trying to keep him awake longer in the mornings and he has a hard time making it to nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment