![]() |
| So sleepy! |
I am happy to report that Carson is doing better and it is a breath of fresh air for us right now. Michael and I are learning so much. We just have to remember to LEARN from these times and use it to bring us closer together as a team, and not allow the exhaustion and frustration to be taken out on each other.
I pulled a couple things back out of my diet and I'm not sure if that is leading the positive changes, or if it is something else, but we will keep on from here. Carson's eczema is calming down and he looks so much better. His sleeping is getting a little better too. Although he is still waking up entirely too much and not napping long enough, we are starting to see a little less struggling. It has been killing me to come home from work to a cranky baby who will NOT go down for a nap, then wants to go to bed at 6:00 pm and wake up 5-6 times and then wants to get up at 5:30am. I have had several people tell me they put their baby down for bed at 6pm, but it just seems too early for Carson, he wakes up too early then. I have been reading the internet and books on sleep like a mad woman in preparation for starting some nap training. I think half of his problem is the lack of any schedule, which is throwing him off for naps/feedings during the day.
Several people have also asked why I haven't put him on formula. I have nothing against formula. Babies that are on formula grow up just fine and for many babies, it is a saving grace. But, here are my reasons (in case you were wondering):
- We can't afford it. The allergy formula he would need would be 2-3 times what we have budgeted for groceries right now, and this is on top of our grocery bill. Much more cost effective for me to figure out his actual sensitivities. Let me put it this way, it is cheaper for me to quit my job and go on WIC then to buy this formula, pay a nanny, and work.
- It is not guaranteed to fix anything. He may get better, or he may not and we just try formula after formula and then try to go back to breastfeeding. By then my supply has dropped or diminished completely and we are stuck.
- Because of his issues, it is almost guaranteed he has a sensitivity to dairy and soy, which is most infant formula. We would have to use allergy free formula and since removing corn from my diet, he has started to get better, that is the main ingredient of all allergy sensitive formulas, so we may actually be trading for a worse problem.
- I have a personal preference to breastfeed. I feel like it is the best thing for my baby. He is not failure to thrive and hates eating. He loves to breastfeed and is growing like a weed, despite the skin issues right now. If formula was something Carson really needed, we would not hesitate to get it for him, but according to his GI doctor, he doesn't.
So there you have it. :-)
And I know I talk about Carson's problems quite a bit, but that is because this blog is a place for me to vent some frustrations as well as to share the fun stuff. So here is some fun stuff!
I have a little boy who lights up the room with his big smile. And he has one for everyone. He is such a happy little boy whose giggles pour over like little waterfalls.
![]() |
| Happy Boy |
I have a little boy who lights up the room with his big smile. And he has one for everyone. He is such a happy little boy whose giggles pour over like little waterfalls.
We get comments all the time on his big expressive blue eyes and his squeaks, or so we call them. He shrieks, squeaks, and squeals all the time, in a happy way. You can't help but laugh along with him. Michael and I wouldn't trade him or the way he is for anything, because it helps make Carson, well, Carson. He is growing up entirely too fast now. We feel like we wake up to a different baby every day with the advances he physically and intellectually makes daily. We love you Carson bear, you are our precious little boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment