Thursday, August 25, 2016

Selah - 4 Months

Selah, where is the time flying?  It seems all I have time for is to do these monthly posts and no time to share any of the amazing, hectic, crazy, and honestly exhausting aspects of our lives right now. But for this moment I get to just focus on your little amazing self and share you with everyone.

 So, Selah, at four months old you are reaching and grabbing things!  It took me by surprise because I just assumed you would be my baby for like, ever, but you are steadily growing up.  You are starting to love all your little baby toys and crinkly books.


You are the most smiley baby that ever lived. I'm sure of it.  We can wake you up in the middle of a peaceful nap and instead of screaming at us, you look at me and just give me a sleepy smile.


You are able to sit in your bumbo and you like it. You also try to sit forward when we put you in your high chair or just sit you up.  You are in no way close to sitting, you aren't even rolling over yet, but that's okay.  I don't mind that you are not mobile.


We haven't had your four month appointment yet, but today (7 days after your 4 month birthday) we are out of size 1 diapers and I am putting  you in size 2s.  So you must be over 12.5 lbs.  You were 11.5 lbs at your 2 month appointment. Your 3 month clothes are also tight!  I can squeeze you in them, but it isn't easy and the pants are too short.  We got all your 3-6 month clothes out this week.


Your hair is a sandy blonde, just like momma.  My little mini me!  I love it.


You LOVE your daddy.  Seriously, he can make you laugh better than I can.  And Carson, oh you love Carson.  You love to watch him race around and whenever he talks or interacts with you, you are just enamored.


You are sleeping consistently from 8pm - 7am ish, getting up once or twice to eat.  I really need to start working with you on a nap schedule, but it is so hard with Carson.  I feel bad making him sit at the house so you can sleep.  Once we move (what? more on that later) and it gets colder I will really start to hit that hard so we can get you on a good schedule.


You are so easy to put down for naps. I put you in your room with your wubbie (pacifier) and turn out the light.  That's it.  I maybe have to go give it back once or twice, but you are very polite about it.  In fact, you are very polite about everything.  When you scream, we know something is terribly wrong.

You need one or two morning naps, one afternoon nap, and then a late evening nap around 5-6pm to get you to bedtime.  Pretty similar to your brother.


Momma still hasn't tried to put any food back into her diet. You are just so happy and I don't want to ruin that.  I'm thinking after 6 months we'll try again.


You love it when people just talk to you and include you in things.  You smile and coo and just generally be cute.  You have found your voice though and your "talking" gets really loud sometimes where Mike and I can't even hear each other talk.


You blow raspberries like a champ, and you love it.


Momma tried a bottle last week for a 5k she did, and you wouldn't take it.  I tried one other time and you also did not like it.  I'm sure if I kept trying, you'd get it, but I just really have no desire to give you one.  I have a girls night this weekend and I'm just going to come home in the middle to put you down.


You are just so sweet, everyone who sees you and you smile at just melts.


You nurse every 3-4 hrs now.  I think by this point I had your brother on a 4 hr schedule, but you are still closer to every 3 hrs.


You laugh when you are tickled or when people make funny sounds at you.  You also laugh when Carson laughs if he is right in your face.


Your hair is so funny, you have a baby mullet.  It is so long in the back and kind of short on top.  sorry girl, mom isn't cutting it yet. It's just too cute.


You still hate tummy time, you immediately start fussing when we put you on your tummy and then it turns into full on tears.

You also still have that birthmark right next to your left eye.  I'm glad it hasn't gotten any bigger, but it is kind of cute. and you still have your dimple *love!


Your brother is starting to take more interest in you now that he can make you laugh and smile.  He also loves to get your blankies, wubbie, and toys when you need them. You two are so sweet together and the lights of my life (besides your daddy).  Love you Selah, you have stolen momma's heart sweet girl, well, all of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment